Monday 19 May 2008

China Sichuan Earthquake – A moving story

"Dear baby, if you live, please know that I love you."

A woman was found amongst the ruins of a building in a strange
position. She was on her hands and knees. When the rescuers found her
and took her out of the rubbles, she was already dead. Underneath her
was a baby, possibly only a few months old. The baby was sleeping.
Next to the baby the rescuers found a mobile phone with the message
the woman wrote for her baby, "Dear baby, if you live, please know
that I love you."

3 comments:

Daphnis W said...

I heard a similar story from my teacher about Tangshan earthquake when i was still a primary school boy.That day was the day for a new-married couple before the earthquake happened.The husband died for protecting his wife under the ruins.

Unknown said...

The human spirit is really amazing! There were so many similar stories that I heard also of teachers protecting their students in the Sichuan Earthquake.

I wonder what may reaction would be under the same circumstances (not that I would want to actually find out, of course).

Bryan said...

very beautiful...