Friday 25 April 2008

Last 电针 (“electric acupuncture”) treatment – yeah!

I finally had my last 电针 treatment! What's that? You may ask –
the photo above says it all. It's not for the faint hearted. The
needle is supposed to hurt if it goes into the right spot – a kind
of deep, aching pain. The electric part is supposed to relax the
muscles, I guess in a similar way to the TENS machines.

A friend introduced me to this Chinese Doctor after a couple of weeks
of not successful treatment at the school hospital. By that time,
I've already had the injury for about 4 weeks, and my knee was
getting worse. I could feel the difference straight away after the
first treatment, comprising of 电针,"cupping" and heat
treatment. It was probably 80% better already.

Anyway, I'm glad it's over! I guess the moral of the story is not
to leave things like this till later. If I did something about it
straight away, it wouldn't have taken me 2 months to recover!

No comments: