Saturday 22 March 2008

Ghost in my room? The Conference Centre mystery.

A couple of nights last week, the TV in my room turned on by itself.
No, I did not sleep with the remote control on my bed, so I couldn't
have accidentally turned the TV on. I did turn off the TV before bed
and left the remote next to the TV. At first I thought I imagined it
(or dreamt it) until another friend told me the same thing happened
in her room!
So I told the fuwuyuans (housekeeping ladies) about it and jokingly
asked them if there was a ghost in my room. They a little seriously
told me not to worry, there are no ghosts, and I should switch off
the TV (ie don't leave it on stand by) at night. No more problems
after that, but still a little strange!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I used to be a teacher at BLCU and I also saw a ghost in the foreign teachers accommodation.

BLCU was a graveyard before and when they decided to build the university (it used to belong to kuangda) they did not move all the bodies out and many of the original bones are still under the building at BLCU. many of the local students have heard of ghosts that roam the campus at night.

Your story does not surprise me at all. If it makes you feel better, they all seem a bit friendly. Think of them as your new language partner

Josu said...

Ni hao Alice!

We're three friends from spain who are thinking about going to the BLCU in september for a 3 months course (we have already studied chinese for one year here)...do you mind if we ask you some questions about the BLCU, the Conference Centre and other things? It would be very helpful for us :)

Josu

Unknown said...

Hi Sean

Not sure if I really needed to know about the graveyard, but thanks anyway! : )

I just thought it might have been something to do with the electric wiring or something..

Hmm, I just might tell the ghost(s) 听不懂!(don't understand) if I do run into them! : )

Unknown said...

Hi Josu

Sure, ask away! : ) You can ask through the comment section here or email me at: orchidhappy@gmail.com

Cheers!