Thursday 21 February 2008

Placement test, again.

The first thing, after enrollment, etc to put us in the right class
for our Chinese lessons is to have a placement test. This year's test
format is slightly different from last time. This might be because
I'm now doing the "normal" classes rather than the intensive class.

The placement test this time involves the teacher giving out a page
of Chinese words and we have to write pinyin for them - which made me
glad that I actually revised a bit yesterday before the test, and
also made me realise how much I have forgotten! We then have a chat
with the teacher who asks (in Chinese) how long we have been studying
mandarin, etc.

It's not the end of the world though, we can still change classes if
we find it too hard or easy.

Tomorrow is the Gong Fu Performance - no, I'm not performing! It's a
school excursion. I actually have been last year, but it's a good
chance to meet new people so will go again.

No comments: