Thursday 17 January 2008

Chinese Pod

College student enjoying the day working with laptop


So I've decided to do some self-studying before I go back to Beijing in February. It's not easy! It's not that I don't have time, but I'm just....lazy! I'm forcing myself to look through my text books that I brought with me (not much luck here), but then I revisited this fantastic website, Chinese Pod. It's giving me a daily dose of pretty useful mandarin. The dialogue topics are fantastic and very useful eg. going to the hairdresser, ordering food, lost mobile phone, etc. The hosts are pretty cool to and give really good explanations. Topics are divided up into newbies, elementary, intermediate and advanced.  The podcasts are free but you have to pay for transcripts and notes. 

What are you waiting for, check it out! Even if you're going to China anyway, it's worth knowing a bit before you come. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Alice! I found your blog site when I googled BLCU, Malaysia and Australia (since I was hoping to find a Malaysian/Aussie who had some experience with BLCU). Anyway, I was wondering if you would mind giving me your e-mail address so I could ask you a couple of questions about BLCU. I'm interested in the same 12 week intensive course you've done but I don't really know how I should go about applying and finding accommodation. I would really appreciate it if you could help me! Cheers!

Adeline

Unknown said...

Hi Adeline

I'd love to help - please email me at: orchidhappy@gmail.com

Alice