Friday 12 October 2007

Beijing Street Food

Apparently you haven't been to Beijing if you haven't tried the
street food, so my friends told me...so being the one who likes to
try new things (just in case it might be nice!) I gladly went along.
So this is it, a little stall in front of the No3 Dining Hall at
BLCU, behind Dormitory 17. There were no tables or chairs - what you
see is what you get - variety of meatballs, fish balls, tofu, vegies,
etc on skewers being boiled in curry like soup. You can also get
grilled mantous (chinese bread), squid, chicken skin, beef, lamb,
etc, etc. They provide green plates wrapped in plastic bags - I guess
because the plates won't get dirty and they won't have to wash them??
Each "boiled" skewer is 0.5 yuan, and grilled ones range from 1
yuan-5 yuan....and the food was...fantastic!! Very tasty and fairly
"healthy" compared to most of the Chinese food restaurants which I
find too oily for me.

No comments: